Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Letting my wand choose me.

I've skipped over chronicling my initial progress through Potterverse in favor of sharing the really exciting stuff. One pretty much has to visit each scene in each chapter in order when visiting the site for the first time. This is just so all the initial instructions regarding different features available are properly disseminated to the user. After visiting the chapters once we can go back in any order we choose at any point of time.

We get to look at Privet Drive, the Dursley's home, the Zoo, the Hut on the Sea and then finally Diagon Alley. In the Alley, we find our school shopping list and buy all the required items in any order but it is mandated that we buy the wand last of all. So here's how I got my wand.

The shop in the middle/center of the picture is Ollivanders.


I am told that I need to answer all questions honestly. So what do you think I was asked?


1. My height relative to my age


2. My eye color


3. Odd or even birth-date


4. What characteristic do I pride myself on?
Determination, Imagination, Resilience, Intelligence, Originality, Optimism, Kindness.
I, of course, proudly answer, "Resilience!"


5. Which road would I travel on?
Toward the sea!



6. What do I fear most?
Darkness, Fire, heights, Small spaces, Isolation.
I am rather unfortunately a tad claustrophobic. So, small spaces it is.


7. Which magical item would I choose?
Dusty bottle, Old black glove, Golden key, Ornate mirror, Silver dagger, Glittering jewel, Bound-up scroll.
I choose the dagger immediately. Interesting afterthought - I've always been apprehensive around sharp objects such as paper and tend to get very excited around pretty jewelry. Anyways, I already made my choice so I am sticking to it.


And here's my reward.
Larch with Dragon (heartstring) core, twelve and a half inches, supple.


So what? Is my wand special? I sniff around for information and here's what I found.




Yippeee! I looooove my wand or rather the wand loves me! Next, I am off to be sorted and will post pics of my rendezvous with Mr. Sorting Hat.
Until then, 
Truly,
Mischief managed!

No comments:

Post a Comment